NYLAG’s Veterans Legal Assistance Project provides free legal services to New York City veterans who cannot afford to hire a private attorney. We are committed to helping our clients secure the compensation and benefits they earned through their dedicated service to our country. Through NYLAG’s holistic care model, we help veterans and households with veterans to access the legal services they need to achieve economic security. Additionally, we coordinate with local veterans organizations to facilitate appropriate referrals for other nonlegal services.
- Veterans’ Benefits: compensation and pensions, disability ratings, discharge upgrades
- Housing: eviction prevention, landlord disputes, unsafe or hazardous housing conditions
- Public Benefits: Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security Disability, Supplemental Security Insurance, SNAP (Food Stamps)
- Consumer Protection: debt matters, bankruptcy, mortgage and foreclosure issues
- Advance Planning: last wills and testaments, medical advance directives, powers of attorney
Click here for more information
Click here for information about our For-Profit School project.
Contact the Veterans Legal Assistance Project
Intake phone number: 212-946-0343