In the face of dehumanizing policies and rhetoric, immigrant communities stand strong. We stand with them.
Immigrants are our neighbors, our friends, and our family. Right now, the stakes in our immigration system could not be higher—access to health care, employment, education, and even the right to stay in the U.S. with family and community are uncertain. Yet immigrants, including children, are not guaranteed a lawyer to help with these complex immigration matters.
immigrants served by NYLAG immigration experts last year
children affected by our immigration work
NYLAG’s lawyers are on the front lines, standing alongside immigrants as they fight tough legal battles.
Our lawyers can help in the following ways:
- Defending immigrants in removal proceedings
- Representing immigrants seeking asylum
- Working to secure green cards based on family status or humanitarian relief
- Helping immigrants secure citizenship
- Working in hospitals and other community sites to ensure access to health care and public benefits for immigrants
- Providing free community clinics and Know Your Rights workshops
- Working with survivors of intimate partner violence and human trafficking