Keeping immigrant communities strong.
Immigration status reverberates throughout our clients’ lives. Undocumented immigrants may be unable to access life-saving medical treatment and pursue jobs to afford basic necessities. They may also be at risk of deportation back to countries where they could face violence. They may also have their families torn apart by the immigration system.
By helping our clients secure the status to which they are entitled, we can unlock access to health care, employment, housing, and education, and keep families together. We offer comprehensive legal services in our clients’ native languages and partner with communities, providing services in trusted local spaces, such as schools, hospitals, and places of worship.
immigrants served by NYLAG immigration experts last year
children affected by our immigration work last year
countries of origin
people obtained U.S. citizenship with NYLAG’s help last year
Our lawyers fight for immigrants. We offer the following legal services:
- Defending people facing deportation (Removal defense)
- Fighting for those seeking asylum and other humanitarian relief
- Helping clients apply for green cards through family-based petitions (Adjustment of status)
- Working with survivors of intimate partner violence and other crimes to secure immigration status
- Applying for Citizenship (Naturalization)
Need free legal services or financial counseling?
Help us provide free legal help to immigrant families and individuals.
The Latest on Immigration Law
NYLAG’s Lauren Reiff explains in this Bloomberg Law article why the mismanagement of immigration courts amid COVID-19 places health care, the safety of the staff, judges, prosecutors, defense attorneys, and immigrants at risk.